1996 W Roosevelt Dime
Coin Dealer Insight: Another historic year for dime production with both the Philadelphia and Denver mints generating over 1.4 billion dimes at each facility. Total production reached some 2.82 billion dimes in circulation. Also, 1996 saw the introduction of the West Point mint mark (W) for proof sets, generated at the New York mint to commemorate the 50th year of the Roosevelt dime.
Value: Can usually be found and sold for somewhere between $2.05-$27.50 price dictated by condition, certification, and current demand. Other factors include location, inventory, and urgency of sale.
Price Chart : Estimated Value Based on Scale
Mint: West Point
Production: 1,457,000 Roosevelt dimes were minted at the West Point mint in 1996.
Silver: This coin is 90% Silver with a silver weight of around 0 troy ounce pure silver. The other 10% is copper having no significant intrinsic value.
More Roosevelt Dimes
Price.25 to $5
$5.01 to $15
$15.01 to $25
$25.01 to $35
$35.01 to $60
*Value is that of highest MS-65 grade.